The Akakura Café is a happy, vibrant and friendly workplace and the individual we are looking for will thrive in this environment. They will create a welcoming, relaxed, and quality experience for guests and customers. The Akakura Café has a reputation for producing the best coffee in town and offers breakfast, lunch, healthy alternatives and health conscious options. This season the café will operate as a Wine & Scotch bar by night.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is highly motivated, experienced and potentially has cross over skills in Bartending.
- Has an eye for detail, pride in their work and has meticulous cleaning habits.
- Is health conscious and adds value to the café by way of ideas, knowledge and initiative.
- Is well groomed and professional.
- Has an engaging personality.
- Works well on their own and especially in a team environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare all café menu items ensuring quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the café and working areas at all times.
- Monitor, report and record stock on a daily basis and place orders accordingly
- Receive delivered food stocks and supplies, verifying receipt of ordered items.
- Regularly perform temperature checks and report any variances to management.
- Complete opening and closing checklists and manage the till
- Adhere to waste management and recycling procedures.
- Present a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Exhibit and encourage proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Maintain a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties or roles as assigned by management.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Have experience as a Barista in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience in latte art
- Be experienced in weighing and dosing shots
- Be experienced in adjusting the grinder
- Be 100% committed to excellent coffee
- Show initiative and be highly self-motivated
- Be fun and friendly
- Understand what is involved in running a coffee business
- Be able to multitask
All applicants must
- Be eligible for a Working Visa in Japan (under 30 years old)
- Have experience and qualifications in the role you are applying for
- Have experience in the hospitality industry
- Commit to the full season late December – mid-March
- Have a great work ethic, be friendly and a team player
- Be someone who takes the initiative, is creative and resourceful and takes pride in their work
Would be an advantage if
- You have Japanese language ability
- Previous experience working a ski/winter season position
- Hold or can obtain an International Drivers Licence
If you think you fit our profile and have something unique to offer please send your CV, passport copy and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.