The Address Akakura is looking for a qualified and experienced hotel driver who will assist with the transportation of guests to and from the local train station, ski resorts and supermarkets. The role also includes many day to day duties associated with running the hotel including snow clearing and staff transport where needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a highly professional attitude, is hardworking and reliable.
- Is well presented, friendly and extremely responsible.
- Has experience with driving passenger vehicles in the snow and has a valid Japanese or International drivers license.
- Works well on their own and in a team environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Shuttle guests between the hotel and train station as well as drop off and pick up to ski resorts in a timely and safe manner.
- Greeting all guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure comfort requirements of the hotel guests and customer.
- Manage luggage and skis without damaging the vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicles are kept clean at all times
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to Hotel Manager
- Report any instance of mishap or accident to Hotel Manager
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refueling the car(s).
- Present a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Exhibit and encourage proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Maintain a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
- Snow clearing throughout the day in and around the hotel and vehicles
- Other transport related duties
- Perform other duties or roles as assigned by management.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Have previous experience as a driver or bus driver with experience driving in snow conditions
- Hold a Japanese driver’s license or International driver's license
- Have a clean driving record
- Be safety conscious and aware of the Japanese road rules and regulations
- Be focused, confident, and observant.
- Have excellent communication skills and a friendly manner
- Have impeccable personal hygiene
All applicants must
- Be eligible for a Working Visa in Japan (under 30 years old)
- Have experience and qualifications in the role you are applying for
- Have experience in the hospitality industry
- Commit to the full season late December – mid-March
- Have a great work ethic, be friendly and a team player
- Be someone who takes the initiative, is creative and resourceful and takes pride in their work.
Would be an advantage if
- You have Japanese language ability
- Previous experience working a ski/winter season position
- Hold or can obtain an International Drivers Licence
If you think you fit our profile and have something unique to offer please send your CV, passport copy and cover letter to email@example.com.