The Address Akakrua Hotel is looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest experience for our Wine & Scotch bar in The Akakura Café. The Akakura Café is a happy, vibrant and friendly workplace and the individual we are looking for will thrive in this environment. They will create a welcoming, relaxed, and quality experience for guests and customers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for delivering outstanding service
- Has a strong work ethic and a "can do" attitude
- Has an eye for detail, pride in their work and has meticulous cleaning habits
- Is highly professional and has exceptional grooming standard
- Is trustworthy and has an engaging personality
- Works well on their own and especially in a team environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain positive guest interactions while efficiently taking orders and accurately serving food and beverages
- Maintain the cleanliness of the café, bar and working areas at all times.
- Checking guest’s identification and adhering to legal drinking age requirements
- Monitoring guest’s alcohol consumption and if required refusing service in a polite way.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Complete opening and closing checklists and manage the till
- Adhere to waste management and recycling procedures.
- Present a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Exhibit and encourage proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Maintain a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties or roles as assigned by management.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Have a proven working experience as a bartender
- Knowledge of classic and contemporary cocktails, wines, and spirits
- Excellent knowledge in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- RSA or equivalent training certificate
- Be 100% committed to excellent service and beverage preparation
- Show initiative and be highly self-motivated
- Be fun and friendly
- Be able to multitask
All applicants must
- Be eligible for a Working Visa in Japan (under 30 years old)
- Have experience and qualifications in the role you are applying for
- Have experience in the hospitality industry
- Commit to the full season late December – mid-March
- Have a great work ethic, be friendly and a team player
- Be someone who takes the initiative, is creative and resourceful and takes pride in their work.
Would be an advantage if
- You have Japanese language ability
- Previous experience working a ski/winter season position
- Hold or can obtain an International Drivers Licence
If you think you fit our profile and have something unique to offer please send your CV, passport copy and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.