The Akakura Café is looking for a seasoned chef to run and operate the café kitchen.The café has a reputation for producing the best coffee in town and offers high quality breakfast, lunch, healthy alternatives and health conscious options.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is highly motivated, experienced and has a passion for healthy, nutritious food.
- Is 100% committed to exceptional quality and food preparation
- Has knowledge of common food allergies and appropriate alternatives
- Takes pride in their work, pays attention to detail and has exceptional cleaning habits.
- Is creative, hardworking, and able to contribute new ideas and knowledge.
- Has a positive work attitude, is well groomed and professional
- Works well on their own and especially in a team environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and cook breakfast and lunch as per menu and orders
- Direct kitchenhands in the preparation process and any other related activities
- Assist with the construction of menus and pricing
- Determine how food should be presented
- Plan and oversee the order of ingredients to control and maintain adequate stock levels
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required and that all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulation and safety standards
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Ensure wastage is minimized, recorded and controlled
- Estimate expected food consumption and plan and prepare stock accordingly
- Maintain high standard and quality of food production and hygiene
- Adhere to and implement waste management and recycling procedures.
- Present a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- Exhibit and encourage proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Perform other duties or roles as assigned by management.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Have proven experience as a Chef
- Hold a degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Hold credentials in health and safety training
- Have outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Be up to date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Be fun and friendly and able to multitask
All applicants must
- Be eligible for a Working Visa in Japan (under 30 years old)
- Have experience and qualifications in the role you are applying for
- Have experience in the hospitality industry
- Commit to the full season late December – mid-March
- Have a great work ethic, be friendly and a team player
- Be someone who takes the initiative, is creative and resourceful and takes pride in their work.
Would be an advantage if
- You have Japanese language ability
- Previous experience working a ski/winter season position
- Hold or can obtain an International Drivers Licence
If you think you fit our profile and have something unique to offer please send your CV, passport copy and cover letter to email@example.com.