The Akakura Café is looking for an experienced kitchen hand to support the chef with the operation of the café kitchen, food preparation, cleaning and sanitation. The café has a reputation for producing the best coffee in town and offers high quality breakfast, lunch, healthy alternatives and health conscious options.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a quick-thinking multitasker able to work fast-paced environment
- Is reliable, diligent and hardworking
- Is able to take the initiative
- Works well on their own and in a team environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining the order and cleanliness of the kitchen’s facilities
- Ensure that all dishes are adequately sanitized by maintaining required water temperature and chemical levels.
- Assist chef by completing food preparation tasks.
- Maintain all appliances and cooking equipment
- Take inventory of supplies and food, ensuring that the kitchen always has accurate stock
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulation and safety standards
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Ensure wastage is minimized, recorded and controlled
- Management and implement correct garbage disposal to ensure compliance with Japanese waste disposal regulations and recycling requirements
- Assist with clearing tables of glasses and plates in café when required
- Exhibit and encourage proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
- Perform other duties or roles as assigned by management.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Have prior kitchen experience and be familiar with food and beverage service
- Have food preparation experience
- Be able to communicate well and perform a wide range of tasks
- Be keen to learn and able to multitask
- Show initiative and be highly self-motivated
- Have impeccable personal hygiene
All applicants must
- Be eligible for a Working Visa in Japan (under 30 years old)
- Have experience and qualifications in the role you are applying for
- Have experience in the hospitality industry
- Commit to the full season late December – mid-March
- Have a great work ethic, be friendly and a team player
- Be someone who takes the initiative, is creative and resourceful and takes pride in their work.
Would be an advantage if
- You have Japanese language ability
- Previous experience working a ski/winter season position
- Hold or can obtain an International Drivers Licence
If you think you fit our profile and have something unique to offer please send your CV, passport copy and cover letter to email@example.com.